Old 08-04-2017, 11:57 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've logged in to SR. Work/kids/summer are keeping me busy and the kids are barred from electronics so it looks too mean if I sit on the computer or my phone.

A woman I went to grade and high school with now lives in Plymouth England. She's headed out on holiday this weekend and posted pictures of her "gin for breakfast at Heathrow." No, thank you very much.

I was at a loss as to what I would do when I quit drinking. I had these romantic thoughts about drinking in which my universe expanded into all sorts of fun and creative realms. The reality was as Chiquen described and my universe shrank until I was at home, in an armchair, drinking by myself as I watched TV. But IMAGINING all those things I would see and do. Quite sad, actually.

Stick with the sober train and your world will get bigger again. I like BerryBean's post. I've never been so busy either! Or in a very long time. I've been invited to weddings and parties. I attend a bunch of AA social functions and enjoy myself. I show up to things when I say I'm going to show up. It's very liberating.