Thread: Getting help
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Abmis2

Getting help

Hello all. Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to ask following question so I apologize in advance if it is. My brother has been an alcoholic for 15-20yrs. I want him
To get help by going to in patient rehab. I convinced him to go but once he found out the cost of rehab he refused and didn't want to spend the money. ( He has Kaiser insurance and many facilities do not accept it and Kaiser only has outpatient where you have to pull an arm and leg to get in) He refuses to go rehab and says he can do it on his own. As you guessed it it hasn't happened. He drink 5 times/wk or sometimes everyday of the week. He is verbally abusive to everyone in the house and it's just chaotic. So my next plan was to get an interventionist involved and convince him to go. I found a rehab that provides their own interventionist (who has 90% success rate) to convince the addict to go to their rehab. I looked up the rehab online and have mixed reviews written. I am assuming they are written by people enrolled in the program. Should I trust those reviews? I am asking because I assume someone that is getting therapy will not be happy to be there and are writing bad reviews out of anger and frustrations. Second question: is getting an interventionist a good idea? Many say that an addict shouldn't be convinced to go to rehab and they have to be ready to make that decision. Has anyone been through this process? How was your experience? Would you recommend it? Can someone be convinced to go and recover?
I am really worried about him and very low on cash so if I am going to spend it I want to get some kid of reassurance that it's worth it. Thank you