Old 08-04-2017, 09:47 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders chiquen81! As to every event always including alcohol i'm not sure but my suspicions are that it was less prevalent in the past because (at least for the UK) it was the case that you went somewhere to drink or you did some other activity. In todays world those other activities include the option of drinking.

One other reason it may have been less is that in comparison to other commodities it is a lot cheaper. As an example when I became an adult at 18 in 1978 cheapish a bottle of wine was £3 and a litre of petrol (gas) was 15.5p. Today that wine would cost about £7 or two and a third times more. A litre of petrol today costs £1.13 or 7 and a third times more you can see how much less of hit to the wallet it is.

Originally Posted by Julia8 View Post
I don't know if this link will work if you don't have facebook, but thought it quite interesting that this video came up on my feed as this conversation is going on. It's about having to give a reason why you aren't drinking. Good stuff! Need more of this ok-to-not-drink-propaganda! (I don't know anything about the person on the interview.)

https://www.facebook.com/TonyBakerCo...4854916418106/
The link works fine Julia he was funny while making his point. Unfortunately for me I don't have his chutzpah but I have not found it too difficult to tell people that I no longer drink, basically I play it by ear depending on who O am with plus I minimise the occasions when I need to do it.

Hometime!