View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 09:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
amy55

Hey, trusted friends, I have a question

This is really stupid, but I don't know how I feel about this. I don't feel upset, I think I feel more disappointed or sad.

My drama queen dtr, you know that one, the one that I went no contact with on 12/28/16. Well, I do go on fakebook, just to see pictures of children. There's a lot in my family. I'm not friends with oldest dtr on fakebook, but since she "tagged" my youngest dtr who I am friends with on fakebook I saw the post that my oldest dtr wrote.

She wrote that she was going to see her parents in NC this weekend. I don't know, it just hit me the wrong way. Her father, my ex, did not marry his gf, but she is referring to them as "her parents".

Not letting this bother me, but I just want to know is this something that is normal? If someone gets divorced and then is living with a gf, does that person automatically become a mother, a grandmother, or whatever? My dtr does call this gf, mom, and has my grandchildren, calling her grandma.

Whatever, waiting to listen to the wise people on here. Like I said, I was more surprised, but not really angry.

Other things I wanted to discuss with trusted friends was Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I've been spending these with my friends for the last 8 years. My son wants me to spend these with him now that they have a baby. He will see his father the next day. I don't know what to do. I've been hiding my hurt behind that I have a new Holiday tradition, and that is to spend it with my friends. I also enjoy spending it with my friends, since they are the ones that gave me shelter when I had to leave. I was thinking maybe I could split those holidays. There's no way that I can do both in the same day. It's a 3 hour drive.

Just confused...........

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
amy