Old 08-03-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Ananda

Kev - you sound sooooo good! I related to what you and others were talking about the "should" thing. It sometimes feels selfish to build my own life, but if I'm not happy, I seem to make everyone else unhappy; and when I am happy, it seems that others end up happier too!

I'm really not sure why I didn't post for so long. I'm working quite a bit on my self, and also on trying to see how or if I will fit into AA.

The surgery isn't until August 23rd so don't worry! I had gone to the doctor on Monday and don't remember if I told you about that. It went fine. They want me to see a lung doctor, get another kind of heart test, and they will pull together a plan about a month after the surgery (as best I can understand the plan... not real certain I've got it right).

Poppy ... I'm so glad you are still here and talking and glad to see you as well Plenty. Sorry if I missed someone, I wanted to be sure and post when I sensed some might be worried.

Kenton - go or don't go ... totally your decision and you best know if you can or cannot do this ... or even want to do this.

Just don't drink, or as the old guys use to say ... keep the plug in the jug (ages ago ... I've never had a jug with a plug LOL)

I'll keep up with you all now cause you are friends and I care... I think I just got in a weird spot ... maybe recovering from some mild depression? Not sure, but it is fading now and the main thing is to not drink just cause circumstances are not at their best.

Love you all