View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
So I just had my assessment from one of the mental health team from the local psychiatric hospital, she was very understanding and didn't seem too shocked by my thoughts. She did however say it's down to me if I get well or not but in all honesty I don't have any strength left inside of me now to apply cbt techniques to the thoughts.

I can't escape the thoughts and the thoughts bring panic attacks so im constantly trying to fight off a panic attack.

Im utterly exhausted and feel like a dead man, I feel done with it all!
i call BS on ya not having the strength. complete,100% BS.
i could be wrong, but why your saying that is you want the easiest softest way without discomort to get well maybe even a magical pill that will make it all better. mayeb you want it and you want it now.
unfortunatly, that isnt how getting mentally and emotionally heathy doesnt work that way.
why do i think this?
you had the strength to go and get an assessment. you had the strength to post here for as long as youve had. youve listened to what was typed and even implemented some of the suggestions. you had the strength to not drink all this time.
and now that you were told its up to you, you suddenly dont have the strength.
there could even be the possibility that since she understood and didnt seemed shocked by your thoughts- youre not the first one shes seen in your condition and has seen many people learn coping skills- that you felt you were unique and would be given a pill that would solve it?maybe not as bad off as you want to be or think?

youre at a crossroads today,chilled- do you start the fight for YOU now or not?

"I can't escape the thoughts and the thoughts bring panic attacks so im constantly trying to fight off a panic attack.'
yes, you can IF you start working to escape them!

seems there was a group of POW's back in WWII that made a great escape. seems it started one day and took a while. but eventually they escaped.
just took getting into action one day.