Thread: First Post
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LukeStanley

First Post

This is my first post so bear with me haha. I have been drinking heavily for about 2.5 years basically every night mostly vodka . I have come to realize I started this trend because I was actually going through a tough time in my life funny thing is I didn't realize how upset with my self I really was. At the time I had just made the decision to move out of a house that I had shared with my best friends. I couldn't afford it any longer but it felt Iike I was betraying them because everybody had to split up because of me. About two months after that I separated from a girlfriend I had very strong feelings for. It was a big change for me all at the same time. I was a college student moving back in with mom and dad. Decided to start drinking every night like they did. My family is full of big drinkers past and present. I don't blame them for my decision to drink but its a tough environment to be around especially when they don't know you're having trouble with alcohol. My drinking progressed slowly and turned into a major vice in my life. My biggest challenge is the hangovers and the withdraw symptoms. I feel like a different person I am no longer confident and sure of myself I am pretty much miserable. I want to quit but I cant seem to get through the anxiousness and the boredom. Almost every bad thing in my life has happened because of alcohol. I found this website this morning and it seems like a good community of people supporting each other. I'd love for some feedback and advice. Thanks