View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 09:59 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Plenny

It's good to see you all posting so much and to read all of your stories.

I'm finally winding down after a really long day. Very productive but, long. I'm preparing for an ambitious project that starts tomorrow. I've challenged myself to take the next step in a skill I've been learning for over a year. Trying to maintain some zen confidence and just paddle right through the experience till the end. I'll explain later, I just don't want to psych myself out or talk it up too much until I cross a milestone...

Funny thing happening right now, I simultaneously decided to give up eating meat when I stopped drinking. I usually think that stopping multiple habits or practices is a recipe for disaster, but in this case I just really wanted to. I felt heavy and tired and I just wanted to stop eating meat. Eventually I think I'll cut out the dairy too. I'm currently weaning, so I'm eating fish. I feel healthy, I feel like my body is working well, and I feel lighter. I think this could be a good distraction.

Hey, if I am going to be an addict, I should be addicted to something that will benefit me or contribute to my health right?