View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by incognition View Post
I guess, in particular, this is hitting me really hard because this is the first medical problem that I've directly done to myself. I've had mental issues before, but none of those were really my fault. I just can't help beating myself up lately over this one, particularly because it's so severe and the consequences were directly caused by my actions.
welcome,incognition.
sloooooow down and throw out the ass kikin machine.
this
"The doctors have performed all sorts of brain and blood tests, and there's apparently nothing detectable to medical science that should be wrong with me. "

tells me that ya stopped in time.the tests show theres no damage, so what severe consequences from your actions are you referring to?
or maybe your trying to make something that isnt true true?maybe your just not giving it enough time to find out?
i went through chemo. pretty intense for sure. i experienced the same thing then- it took time for my body to fully recover and the full effects to diminish. id say about 6 months.
because it was a poison- just like alcohol
many of us have put mass quanities of poison on our bodies over a length of time. its going to take time for the full effects to diminish and the true, real, underlying issues to show.
i was told early on it can take a year or longer for the full effects of alcohol to be gone. i found it true for me. 23 years of drinking, my body,mind, and spirit werent going to heal over night.
i was extremely scatter brained for a while early on. it drove me crazy(er) bonkers( er)!! i had a difficult time at work. i couldnt focus on the work right in front of me and made mistakes frequently.
and speaking and writing? yeah, that wasnt the easiest. i knew what i wanted to say- idk if this makes sense, but i could see the words in my head, but i just couldnt get them out. there were quite a few times in conversation that it was noticable and the person i would be talking to would say what i was trying to say.
writing wasnt that much fun either.

but over time that started getting better. i can still have times getting words out or writing/typing are difficult- sometimes the words are all there in my head, but i just cant get it said or typed. but now its NOTHING compared to what it was.
and from what i read and hear from a lot of people, its quite common, and not limited to alcoholics/addicts- them normies can have the problem,too.

its going to take time.

"But anyway, assuming I do remember I posted this, what can I expect here?"

you can expect to find people that have been in your shoes. you will find people that have experienced what you have- no terminal uniqueness.
you will find suggestions of solutions for problems.
and support.

now i have to run out and shut off the sprinkler in the garden i turned on 4 hours ago and forgot.