View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Rubaduck

Hi everyone, I'm back from my brief travels. Had an amazing time at the beach especially. But ... some good news and bad news.

The bad news is I gave up and decided to buy some beers. Cold beer after a hot day at the beach just sounded perfect.

The good news is that buying beer was never quite convenient enough. So even though I decided to buy beer on about five separate occasions over two days, it was either overpriced where I was, or I couldn't be bothered to go shopping to get it, or I was too busy at that particular moment. So I didn't actually drink and alcohol and am starting Week 3.

I feel guilty anyway because I think that if I did drink I was going to stay quiet about it unless I really went off the rails. To the people who did have a few beers and were decent enough to post here about it, you have my respect and my thanks. Perhaps after reading your posts I would have had the courage to post as well.

And lastly, Susiegirl, do they have something like a Police Citizens Youth Club where you are? There's lots of activities like martial arts you can join, and it's very cheap because the government subsidizes it. Because it's non-profit the club leaders are usually really decent people too who are volunteering their time. Check one out and see what's on offer!

It's nice to be home, checking back on SR. Thanks for the posts everyone.