View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 02:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
llk555

Originally Posted by Sahti View Post
So here's my story, I've been a drinker since I was 16 or so. I'm 31 now. Idk why but it was rare that a day went by and I didn't have a drink. I guess I liked the place alcohol put me in like a peaceful little world you could say. Even if I was hungover I'd have a drink. Probabaly a six pack a day for the last 5 years. Anyways I woke up one day with a burning pain in my side it felt as though my liver was on fire. Googling this led me to believe I had Chirosis. Mind you I had no idea of the damage I was doing to myself until very recently I just never had a reason to know. I was never an angry drunk or anything so no one ever questioned my bad habit. So freaked out I go to the doctor told them about the pain in my side and told them I was a heavy drinker for 10 years. They did a CT scan, an ultrasound and blood work and told me that currently they see nothing wrong. I don't believe them. I haven't had a drink since March of this year because I've been so fearful. I still get a burning sensation in my liver area and my docs think I'm nuts and need psychiatric help. Would those tests be sufficient to accurately know if I'm okay. Would the beginnings of Chirosis show on that kind of testing? The other reason I believe something is wrong is because around 3 pm in the afternoons I just crash...bloodshot eyes extreme fatigue. I'm losing my mind. I wanted a fibroscan but the docs won't send me because they haven't seen clinical evidence to justify it. Are there any fibroscan places I could go that don't require a referral? Sorry for the huge rant but I guess I'm fearful of being sick losing my job everything because I'm an idiot and didn't know better or what I was truly doing to myself. Last blood tests
MPV (mean platelet volume): is (7.3fl) range should be 7.5 to 12.5
Albumin: (5.2) range 3.6 to 5.1
Albumin globulin is 2.6 range is 1.0 to 2.5 so my bloods are out some adding to fear. I don't even understand what these readings are I just know they are slightly out. Anyways sorry for the long rant I'm just anxiety stricken at this point.
First off, it's extremely unlikely that you're sick. The doctors ruled that out. Consider yourself lucky! A good reason to never drink again because if you kept going, at one point you would actually get sick.

Second, see the things I put in bold. I agree that it would be good if you got psychological help. There's no shame in that.