View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Wrigley119

Originally Posted by fishoutawatta View Post
Wow! Miss posting for a couple of days and what happens!? We go to the third iteration of the group! Yay!

So I did get back from camping, and went straight into "finish up all the work around the house before vacation ends" mode. That, and coupled with a neighbor's wedding, just ate up all the time.

Fortunately, I'm sticking to my commitments, at about day 18 now!

Someone asked me several days ago about camping meals. We don't have a go-to meal. But we do a lot of marinated meat dishes that we can freeze (which helps keep the cold chest, cold). Also, the meat then becomes sandwiches a day or two hence. Corn-on-the-cob can be wrapped in foil and grilled over the fire - YUM! I also make a grilled potato dish that's very easy (quarter the spuds, steam 'em for 20 minutes, toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper, and then grill them about 5-10 minutes. Breakfasts are pretty standard: french toast, scrambled eggs . . . and this time, fresh trout!

Welcome, by the way, to all the new folks, and congrats on milestones met for others. To all, hang in there! We can do this!
That was me asking about the meals Fish! Thank you!! Love your ideas! And a big congrats on Day 18!!! Woo Hoo!! Today was Day 19 for me, so we are right there together!