View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
hellrzr
DOS: 08-16-2012

Originally Posted by maverickspoint View Post
We all deal with life in different ways. If it doesn't harm you or anyone around you then who are you to say it is a problem? It may be a problem for you specifically but you shouldn't try to tar everyone else with the same brush and expect everyone to follow the exact same process. We're not robots, we all fill our lives with routine, ritual and habitual processes daily, many of which may seem irrational to the outside world. The point is, do what works for YOU.
You asked for opinions but when you see the opinions you don't like you are getting defensive. Everyone who posted is simply giving you the the advice you asked for based of their experiences. Getting defensive tells me that you are doing your best to validate your decision and are just looking for others to give you the opinion you want to hear.

I am also still curious if you follow the program of AA or not? The opinion I am giving comes from 6 years in AA and from a sponsor with 14 years and a grand sponsor with 30 years of experience. The latter two being VERY dedicated to helping other alcoholics gets sober and stay sober and happy.