Old 07-30-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SimplyFree

Addictions are heartbreaking especially for parents and those close to the addict. Certainly you can get a counselor or treatment center to possibly do an intervention, but even so treatment only works if she is ready. I'm sorry she is breaking your heart and I know you have been praying for her for years.
Whatever she chooses and whatever happens in the future know that this was her choices, you weren't bad parents, and blaming yourselves isn't accurate. Since she is an adult, and since she hasn't gotten into enough trouble to get court ordered to something, the options I know of are limited. Trying an intervention like I mentioned above, having her sibling attach treatment or counseling as a condition to staying in his house...or she could move out. There is no magical formula for getting clean other than the addict deciding they have had enough. I'm sorry for your pain, remember your healthy children need and desire your time, affection and praise too. It's easy to spend all your time trying to fix someone who isn't ready for help and forget all the good the Lord has given you. You have much to give praise for and some tears to share with Him also.
You have my prayers and empathy.