Old 07-30-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ljanich

Advice needed- our daughter is a drug addict

Our daughter is 43 and has been addicted to different types of drugs. She has been addicted for 9 years. Lost her marriage, friends and family. She steals, and lies about everything. She rents a room from our son in his house. We want her to go to treatment, but she says she's not using. My husband and I are retired and live in our motorhome. Her siblings are 5 brothers. I can't even put into writing what I am feeling. She loses jobs the first week of every month. Been picked up for substance in her vehicle, but gets out of it somehow. She is paying on fines now and doing community service. She has excuses for everything. I have asked her to please go in for treatment. She says she doesn't need it! She was in the hospital a month ago and doctor told me over the phone that her kidneys are failing she has poor eating habits! He said by this time next year she will either be dead or on a kidney dialysis machine. What do I do? Our son wants to kick her out of the house but we are afraid she will commit suicide. My husband and I are Christians and the Lord is the only thing that has gotten be through this. I am afraid the next call I get will be that she's dead. I have wanted to write her a letter telling her how I am feeling, but what would I say?

Last edited by ljanich; 07-30-2017 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Change title