View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
hellrzr
DOS: 08-16-2012

Originally Posted by maverickspoint View Post
Psychologically it makes me feel relaxed in the same way a real beer does, socially I feel more comfortable drinking it than a coke, OJ or such like. It's not just the physical feeling of being drunk that I'm addicted to it's the culture, taste, habitual process of cracking open a beer after a hard days work. For me, if it has psychological benefits that keep me from drinking real alcoholic drinks it's worth it. Respect anyone elses opinions of course.
Do you attend AA by chance? The most important thing I have learned is from my sponsor in AA and it's that alcoholism has absolutely nothing to do with alcohol. It has everything to do with how you think and how you deal with life. I think your statement above is a great example of this. It's your mindset and how you deal with life that is your problem. For now you get the same feeling from non alcoholic beer and you do from real beer. You are a very short step from just drinking real beer again when your head tells you it's ok this time because you don't have a problem.

You can see from all of the commits that NA anything is just a terrible idea and I hope you get away from it for your sake. For me, if I ever drank anything NA it would be a relapse for me because it would mean that something in my mind is not right and my thinking and reasoning had gone back to that dark hole that I was in for so many years before the program of AA helped me get out of it.