View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
jv369
01/28/2017

i just hit 6 months yesterday and one thing that has been very apparent is that this is a gradual process.

it has been said around here before, but it bears repeating: we spent years damaging our bodies with drugs and/or alcohol, we cant expect complete recovery in just a few weeks.

my first few months were riddled with all sorts of physical and emotional issues. there were some days i felt "good" and many i did not, at the time it seemed rather endless. but what i try and do is look at snapshots of myself. if i examine my overall state of being today compared to 2 or 4 months ago i can recognize a clear improvement. overall i feel much better and am in physically better shape than i have been in years. emotionally i am getting better too. my head tries to focus on negatives, so even though overall i am doing much better all i will see is the stuff that is still bothering me. the truth is, i AM recovering, it is just taking longer than my rather impatient mind expects.

congrats on 22 days, that is a great achievement and nothing to scoff at. just keep doing what you are doing and without a doubt things will get better.