Old 09-22-2005, 06:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jupiter2

Thanks so much for the replies, you guys.

Anna, the idea if getting home care is a great one. I mentioned it to my sister and she hated the idea and just wanted me to take time off of work whenever my Dad needs something which is daily. I think we are headed in that direction whether she likes it or not.

Best, I can tell you have been exactly where I am. Wonderful input. I have a daughter and wife, and a full time job. My sister has no children, works part time and is wealthy on top of it (I am far from wealthy thanks to alcoholism). The point is that our situations are very different and what I am able to give vs. what she is able to give are different. I can and do spend many hours evenings and weekends (including last night) with my father.

I think I am going to look for counseling too. My wife is urging me to do this since I am constantly stressed about the situation. I am also going to keep going to AA and I am going to tell my father I need to go to AA meetings (I have not said anything about my going to meetings to him, but have told my sister).

I feel so much better. Maybe my HP is reaching out to me. You guys certainly did.

Jup.