View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bronzie

Yes, I have some phone #s of people I can call, but I actually have laryngitis right now and can only whisper. So they wouldn't be able to hear me talk. I could always listen! But that is why I am emailing and texting at the moment, and also why I have been out of work sick. I do f2f with my counselor, and normally I would call my social worker, but I emailed her today. I have a follow up appt with my doctor on Friday.

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY AND DONT PLAN TO DRINK ANYMORE!

Sorry, not yelling, just had to put that in caps because it's so important.

I know I can do it, because I have been staying sober. I have come a long way from where I was 4-5 years ago and I never want to get back to living that way again, drinking almost daily, getting sick, hospital visits, and doing all over and over again.

Here I am in recovery, but have had several relapses and was even actively drinking over the last year (it's been a rough one). I'm ready to get back on track and I know I can, I just DONT WANT ANY MORE RELAPSES!!!!

Staying sober/abstinence is great, but I think what I have learned here today from all of your kind responses is that ABSOLUTE RECOVERY IS THE GOAL.

Again, I'm capitalizing for my own purpose for when I go back and read my posts. It's almost like journaling for me. Hey, that's another thing I would like to do. Yea, remember when we still used pen and paper, sat down on the couch to make a phone call, flipped pages in a book.......ahhh the good old days! Now just about everything is done on these smart phones. Now if only the phone could do the house cleaning too! Except loving on my kids and spending time with them, which I put my phone down for anytime. Actually going to do that right now! Nothing is better than a smile and a hug from my sweet babies!