View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
tealily

Welcome. So glad you are here. This is a wonderful place, and posting was your first step toward getting your life back.

I recognize your story. That was me. I never drank much till later in life, when my kids were older, and little by little, somehow, wine took over.

It became my main "hobby" and occupation. Projects stalled. My health, looks and energy suffered. No one knew. I was able to get the bare minimum done. But all my "free" time was taken up with buying wine, hiding it, drinking it, recovering from it. I felt horrible every morning. I was ashamed of not remembering things my kids had told me. Every day I'd swear I'd not drink, only to give in as the night wore on.

It was a daily drinking treadmill, and it's no way to live. Your life gets smaller and smaller.

You can stop now, and your kids will grow up with you present and healthy and you will have a better life for yourself. You've recognized the problem. Fortunately the answer is simple, if not easy to do.

Here's my story: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rate-stop.html

I'm now over 2 months wine free and life is so much better, in every way! You can turn the corner too!