View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
8DC

Newbie... What makes you an Alcoholic?

Hi everyone. My names Claire and I'm new to this forum. I have started to worry about the amount I drink. I have the drink aware App and have been tracking my intake since April and it's alarming!! On average I'm consuming 35 Units a week and it's mainly wine. I'll easily have 1 bottle of wine a night.

At weekends when I drink more than this I regularly have blackouts where I will lose hours.... I have woken up having slept with random men, fallen over and have the bruises to prove it or done something equally as embarrassing.

I always wake up in the morning and say I won't drink tonight... then tonight comes round and I'm buying a bottle telling myself it's sunny out, I deserve it....

Then some weeks I can go 3-5 days between drinking??... longest I have gone in 2 years is 11 days. I only started drinkzing about 10 years ago when I was mid 20's but it's never been like this. I quit smoking in Oct 2016 and don't really miss it but have stayed off them completely. But I did gain a stone in weight 😫

Reading this back I may have answered my own question but I can't imagine never having another drink. I just want to be able to not be like this.

Thanks for reading x