View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
WhiteFeathers

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
hey soapbubbles, im very glad you found this site and applaud you for reaching out for help.
im truly sorry you are experiencing what you are.
PLEASE know that NOTHING your dad says to you or about you defines who you are.

good on ya for checking out the alateen chat meetings!
i see you are in toronto. im not the best at searching sites, but it looks like toronto doesnt have alateen meetings? however, it looks like theres a lot of alanon meetings. maybe you could attend some alanon meetings? from what i read, teens are welcome at alanon meetings and you deserve the f2f support from people who understand and can help you with solutions.

you deserve sooooo much and im very glad to read you reaching out for help now.
and please keep posting here about anything- theres a TON of experience, strength, and hope here
Yes! The Al Anon meeting I attend has a very diverse age-range-- from very young adults to senior citizens. I would say the average age is pretty young though-- many people in their 20's dealing with parents' alcoholism. If there isn't an Alateen meeting near you, you could find support from Al Anon and perhaps some much-needed adult mentorship.

Perhaps give the central office a call and let them know what you are going through and see if they can suggest a meeting (meetings are all a bit different in character).

http://al-anon.org/al-anon-in-ontario/toronto

There will probably be a newcomer liaison who will be available to answer questions and help put you in touch with a sponsor. Your sponsor will be there for you to talk to and will work the program with you.