Old 07-25-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AlericB

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Congratulations, great to hear!

As to the op, I read the book but not sure if any particular chapter or chapters were more significant than others. for me.

Reading through threads here highlighted some ideas that I may have not noticed on my own reading.

Making a Big Plan is really the most important 'thing', anything else is the details, if or when I get to hammering out the nuances is not nearly as important, and the brutal logic of the BP ensures that is not really a problem , in and of itself

Onwards !!
I made my Big Plan not feeling 100% certain that it was really what I wanted to do but I thought how can you make yourself 100% committed - is that even possible and how can you possible tell if you're there? I suspected that if I strained hard enough, and I would I know!, I would always being able to find some reticence and wavering.

So I decided to just go ahead and make it anyway. The phrase "I will never drink in the present moment" works best for me because of the mindfulness connotation. When I stopped smoking several years ago something similar to this (I hadn't heard of AVRT then) was all I needed but with drinking I also need to consciously recognise and separate from the AV whenever it arises.

And the 100% that does make sense to me is to arbitrarily assign myself 100% confidence that I will always do this. The Big Plan was the big moment though.