Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
I know what I need to do. It has to be a complete mindset change starting now and a mindset change that means stop this madness now and today and do whatever it takes to stop

I'm going to check out some smart recovery stuff later on
It does require a "mindset change" Stewy, you have that right. But what it really requires is an action change. By that I mean you have to actually DO something about it rather than just thinking or talking about it. "Checking out some smart recovery stuff later" is just your addiction once again telling you that you don't have to do anything now because you can do it later. And in between now and later, what happens if you feel like you want a beer?

What it really takes is for you DO something. And do it NOW - not later tonight, not tomrrow, not next week. Like this very second. If you don't, you it's very likely that you will just drink again.

I'm not going to go through all the things you could be doing right now because they've been listed hundreds, probably thousands of times. You know what they are, and you know where you can go to do them.

Why not make today the day that you "just do it"...like the proverbial phrase? What's stopping you?