Thread: Rr
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
The biggest takeaway and perspective change I got from AVRT, was that I was wrong to try and stay sober. 'Staying sober' implies the possibility that I would choose to drink again....
That is what I have been doing as well....I hate booze. I will never drink again.

I say that here over and over. I relate to people that don't drink. People that don't drink almost sneer when the topic of drinking is brought up.

I have several folks that I admire in this regard. They are bright, clear headed, bright eyed, and confident.

The choose not to drink a slow acting, addictive neuro toxin. Alcohol alters our perception of reality, it makes us euphoric. We were all trained, in a way, to drink since our birth.

The internet puts information out there for us that we couldn't get before. We are all educated and have the analytics to defeat the addiction alcohol causes.

Everyone that toys with the govt sanctioned guidelines has an addiction.

If a person drinks 14 units a week, eventually they will binge. Trying to moderate is a fantasy.

Not drinking is the right and normal thing to do.

Now we all know. We have to unlearn our behavior. It is totally doable. It is like learning another language, learning to play golf, learning to play guitar. Practice sobriety. Copy sober people.

Find a sober role model. I have several. None of them are in AA.

Thanks.