Thread: The Bottom
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by tr4vionz View Post
I'm leery of AA only because I don't know what to expect.
There is only one way that I know of to answer that question. Go and find out.

If you are like me at all, I would suggest attending a few meetings before figuring out if it is for you or not. The first time I went skiing, I had a horrible time and swore that if I ever got off the mountain, I would never go again. If I had stayed true to my word, I would have missed out on what turned into one of my greatest joys and pleasure.

What am I gonna do when I get out of those meetings and I have cravings? What am I gonna do when I'm withdrawing at 1 in the morning and start walking to my car? What am I gonna do when/if I find another job and the bullying or disrespect starts again?
If you don't go to a meeting, what are you gonna do when these things occur. I found answers to these questions in AA. It didn't happen right away like a light switch. It was like my first experience skiing, but going to AA, turned into one of my greatest joys and pleasure.

AA taught me how to live the life I always wanted. The one I couldn't figure out how to do on my own. Today I am living the life I wanted, even before I picked up my first drink. Today I am comfortable in my own skin. What a blessing!!!