Old 07-22-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

What does everybody else do in order to prevent "SR burnout"?

I log out for a few days or weeks and concentrate on my own life. Am the first to admit some of the posts have me heading the screen especially when I see them from the same poster over and over. I have to remind myself I was like that until I got it. Getting it takes time. I still have it in me to be far too accommodating to people who do not deserve my time 4 years post divorce of my exah.

As for kids...well what a mindfield that is. I've got 8 and my exah has broken all their hearts. They have nothing to do with him now but the court system in the UK, where I live, is not set up well to be able to avoid alcoholic parents of either gender. There is a massive pressure on young children to have some sort of contact. I totally agree tho they are not a good influence on children and manipulate the sober parent in many cases to making them out to be the bad guy to the child.

I remember my exah coming out of detox ( not even rehab ) and saying he could go for custody of our youngest cos he was "cured now." I was like no...just no. Not a chance!