Old 07-21-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Something alarming I see in posts all of the time...

Hey Folks,

Very respectfully, and with sympathy for those that have done it (myself included), or for those that do it or are contemplating doing it, one of the most distressing things I see consistently in posts is women and men saying some form of the following about an alcoholic/addict who drives while drunk (even just once-- I can't believe I had to type that but many posts have taught me I have to do so):

"I have bent over backwards to make sure she/he sees her child/children." I'm not going to address this the way I normally would so I'll just say this-- don,t. Just don't. It is the opposite of good parenting to make sure a drunk/addict who is still using spends time with their children-- IMHO it is selfish and cruel on the part of the sober parent. And it's even worse if you know damn well there's a possibility they will drive with the children in the car.

I also often see some form of, "It's important my child/children see their mother/father on a regular basis or have them as part of their lives." This is usually true UNLESS you are talking about a drinking/using alcoholic/addict-- then it's a dump truck full of cow manure and stinks just as bad. And it's even worse if you know damn well there's a possibility they will drive with the children in the car.

My two cents...

Cyranoak