Old 07-21-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

I'm in!

Thanks for the opener Saou and congrats on shotgun Lunar!

Nonsensical, I'm sorry to hear about your brother

Last weekend in the mountains was beautiful. So much positive and to stray from being negative I'll just say there will be some changes made when we go next year. Part of it was staying 6 miles offsite. I'm grateful we were given the chance to stay in a condo free of charge. However, the first night we were there it began to really fog in and rain. The road was, well, what you would expect in a winding mountain road. Driving it was one thing but you get locals behind you who know the road well and ride your butt when you do the speed limit. I was apprehensive about driving back to the condo. Still, what a gorgeous weekend and so many activities. It's always good to be home though.

As for telling people I don't drink here's something I ponder when I think about it.

My husband, who has absolutely no issue with alcohol quit 4 years ago in May. He simply came home one night from his friends with a good glow, woke up the next morning with the cobwebs, and decided after spending a day feeling like that it just wasn't worth it anymore. I asked him if it bothered him to tell people he doesn't drink anymore. He said "Are you kidding? I see it as a badge of courage. Not drinking isn't a weakness, it's a strength!".

Wear your badge of courage proudly this weekend!