View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 10:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
tealily

Welcome, Spybee. So glad you posted. You've been lurking here for years knowing you need to make a change. Now that you've introduced yourself, this can be the time you turn the corner. Life can be so much better.

Just think, you joined here when you were about 30. What if you had made changes then, instead of now? How different might your life be? As someone about 20 years older, I urge you to not waste any more years.

You are still young enough that making a change now could have a huge impact on the next few decades. I don't want to sound too harsh, but in a way it seems like alcohol may have frozen you in that time in Mexico when you first drank as a teenager. Maybe you've given it enough years of your life, and it's time to let it go.

As simple as it sounds, you can "choose" to be a non-drinker, and improve your life, rather than keep on drinking, and not change anything. Don't buy it. Don't have it around you. Don't put it to your lips, one day at a time.

I found that the longer I drank, the smaller my life became. You said that a day spent playing videogames and drinking made you feel like your day "had purpose". You deserve more.

Look around here, post and ask for help. This is a wonderful place, with people who can support you to make a change for good!