View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TiredDad

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
well, child support isn't something we TRAIN for.....it is a legal obligation determined by the courts. so what does the divorce decree say?

same with household items - what does the decree say?

see where i'm going with this? you two are now separated individuals - that she IS the children's mother is a bit beside the point - that isn't something that she needs pointed out to her. she is demonstrating clearly that motherhood is not of much interest to her.

you have put your children FIRST. never ever doubt you did the right thing. they should name a day after you.
Well Anvil
The decree is pretty clear really. What was in our possession was what we got and bills in our names stayed with the named bill to.

I didn't request child support. It's an automatic here.
I did follow up with setting up with the state agency that keeps up with it and distributes it shortly after the divorce.
They made a point to tell me if I don't believe she will pay it I may want to skip that step and file with enforcement. This is the step I have been wrestling with.

I don't really feel I need the money. Really I provide for the kids better than ever without an active addict around.
Wow! Imagine that.
Good gravy! Sometimes I'm amazed at how well and at the same time. Where the hell was my head!!