View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
solicitude

In my opinion, pushing for child support is pushing to insure they get what they deserve from her in the very very very VERY LEAST. That is even IF she pays it, most addicts don't work steady jobs and pay their support consistently and it all just goes into arrears. I always felt like a jerk regarding child support because I'm not the kind of person to ask for help, let alone take money from someone (even if they offer it). But it's not for us other parents, it is to insure that those kids get AT LEAST SOME KIND OF HELP from that parent. It is in the child's best interest ALWAYS if their family has help with the bills, school supplies, clothes, hygiene products, etc. If she does start working and just decides she needs all her money and the kids have you so they're fine- this would be your insurance that THEY get THEIR money. She had them, she decided to leave them, she can help pay their way. They deserve to be able to AT LEAST take some crumbs from her income when she has one to help them with little things THEY need. Get what I'm sayin'?