Old 07-17-2017, 02:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Hi and welcome. The shakes and generally feeling crappy pass at about 4-10 days depending on how bad things are going for you. If I recall correctly at about day 3 I started to come out of the fog, day 5 even better and at a week I was fine physically. I did drink a lot of water, take my vitamins and work out a lot.

I want to tell you about some vitamins that help, but I also want to say that it is really important to talk to your doctor about vitamins as well. There is a rule about no medical advice here, but it generally covers things like medications, etc. But I learned that vitamins can also be misused- you can take too much of something and it be bad for your liver, I know Vitamin A is one of those for example (which you definitely don't want!) or they can interfere with the absorption of other nutrients you need. So while a multi-vitamin won't hurt, for anything more complex bring it up with your doc when you have a check up.
So, things to think about and talk about with your doctor:
Multi vitamin
Vitamin B complex
Co-Enzyme Q-10
Potasium and magnesium
milk thistle
tumeric

Something natural to do is to have a warm glass of water in the morning with the juice of one lemon in it. Drink this upon waking and then wait a half an hour before having anything else.

But, with your RN wife and healthy family you sound like you have great support in that department.