View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Yes, anxiety. What causes it? Too much thinking? One thing that has helped me with anxiety and stressing is to tell myself that to a certain extent, some things are just going to "happen", regardless of what *I* do or don't do. Those things are out of my control. So, stuff happens. What good does it do to worry about it too much? I have to remind myself to cross bridges when I come to them. And, there is no way I can cross a bridge until I come to it. I can anticipate a bridge, I can see it looming ahead, I can look forward to it or I can be anxious about it. Do I even like bridges?! Yes. Some bridges are pretty cool. But, every 'bridge' serves a purpose to get me to another side, right? Maybe it's really what's on the other side of the bridge I am truly worried about rather than the bridge itself. I don't know. This is just brainstorming....but the bridge itself is part of the journey. Some of the 'steps' on this journey are tiring or have trepidation, sure. But some are full of wonder and discovery and growth and decisions and love and joy. So then, what is stopping me from enjoying it more? In a lot of cases it is simply holding on to things that burden me down.