Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

The only thing that actually worked for me was working the 12 Steps.

1. I had to actually come to realize and admit my life had become unmanageable.
2. I acknowledged I hadn't been able to 'fix myself' and doctors, therapists, rehabs, wife, etc hadn't 'fixed' me either. Then thru AA meetings, I met numerous people that had gone from 'hopeless' like me ... to a way of living that showed true meaning and awareness and purpose and a 'light-heartedness I I couldn't even comprehend in my 'condition'.
3. I made a decision to Do The Work of the remaining Steps.
4. The work was intensive, but it opened an awareness of what was going on inside me, and had been progressing - problem upon issue upon internal conflict upon thoughts and feelings out of control ...
5. I shared this with a person of my choosing, and it was like a ground rod dissipating that stored-up negativity into the Life on Life's Terms Reality I could never come to terms with previously.
6. I actually came to the understanding of what had been happening, and was continually going on inside me, and I came to the point that I not only wanted these things to change for the positive, but I actually felt inside that it could happen.
7. I followed the Step - it was something I was not actually capable of on my own power, but an exchange happened with the Higher Power concept in the Steps where many of these things inside me were released, and a new sense happened in me ... that I knew if I continued to follow this path, and new direction in life, I would never have to be a victim of inner feelings that plagued me, and continually seemed to develop inside me.
12....... Wash, Rinse, Repeat ...

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and Free ... and I KNOW U Can B 2