Old 07-13-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
August252015

I was taught the one year healing time, as well as up to two for women. Learned a lot about what alcoholism does to all of our organs- truly, to every part of our body.

Seeing a dr would be the only way to see what's really going on with you now. I had a clean bill of health on liver enzymes, vit B and potassium, and iron, by about 100 days.

That said, I suffered pretty much any PAWS symptom you could find listed- and I thought of it as alcohol "effects" rolling out of my body from my head down and out of my toes. Every part of my body had to heal. I would say that by 8-9 mo most of this had resolved itself, including the cognitive parts. That really scared me. Now I'm what I'd consider a pretty normally healthy 40 year old!

I find that sleep can still be a struggle for me and fatigue and irritability are cues I am over-doing it or getting emotionally unbalanced a little. Anxiety is something I have realized I have had to a degree all of my life so learning how to deal with the physical and emotional effects of that has been important.

The only way I know how to keep seeing myself get better is to stay sober!