Old 07-12-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward12

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I can't understand why some people never fall victim to it, because it IS everywhere, all the time, being annoying.

I get so mad when I see people just disregard it.. How do they do it? I talk about it all the time, how my one friend, at Christmas I poured her a glass of wine, she took one sip, said it was really good, forgot about it, and a little while later asked me to get her some coffee, I poured the wine down the drain.. How does that happen?

Why does it pick some people? I try to understand it, thinking understanding the why will help me figure out how to get out from under it but it's no use.. and it's inconsequential, I know. It is what it is. I would like to know why this is the hand that I was dealt. You only get one life, one chance to do this, and this is the existence I ended up with? This girl that knows nothing but abuse and maltreatment and self-loathing and self-destruction. Why this when I could have had anything else.
Simply put, because we are alcoholics. We can not handle alcohol like "normal" people.