View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Gilmer

(((((DD)))))

Here are some stories that might give you hope.

I know of a couple who started off their marriage with an ectopic pregnancy that almost killed the wife. After that, they couldn't get pregnant, so twelve years later the began the adoption process. Within a month she was pregnant.

Also, I knew a couple that was told after trying for eight years that they'd never conceive because the man had an extremely low sperm count. As soon as they started the adoption process, she too got pregnant--and they went on to have two other children!

Finally, I know a woman who had a benign tumor the size of two softballs (plus an ovary and Fallopian tube) removed from her uterus. They told her that her odds of conceiving and carrying a baby to term were very low. Within five years she had two kids!

All three couples prayed hard (for years) to their HP for either a baby or the grace to be content with another outcome).

I don't know how you feel about that, but it seemed to me like an important factor they all had in common, so I felt bound to include it. I'll be praying for you guys, that's for sure.

Another thing that further reduces fertility is high stress. Even if prayer is not your thing, you and your wife ought to take concrete measures to dissipate the stress from your situation.

As far as work goes, on the promotion! You really busted your butt for it, even though sometimes it seemed like they were jerking you around.

I can't think of anyone who deserves this promotion as much as you!

So now you've got the sweet satisfaction of it, and I'm thrilled to death for you!

That being said, it sounds like your gut is telling you to get a less taxing job as soon as possible. You're exhausted, and your wife is at a very vulnerable time. My opinion is to go with your gut. Your marriage and sanity are more important than the job.

Your resume is probably fantastic--if anybody can get another (very good) job, you can.