View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Optimist4ever57

Originally Posted by Stacey999 View Post
Hello everybody,
I'm on my day 3 of sobriety today. I'm feeling better than I did yesterday but am so worried that I'm going to fail again.

On my last attempt, I joined AA and the voice told me, I wasn't as 'bad' as the people in the room, and convinced me to practice harder. So, I did just that.

I have been a heavy drinker for about 15 years. Most recently, drinking about 100 units a week. I only discovered this after going onto one of those unit calculators.

The last time I stopped was after a horrendous, blackout night and wetting the bed. That, I thought, was a low point and enough to make me stop. You guessed it, it wasn't.
I guess, I'm here to find somewhere to go when the voice starts up. It's pretty constant at the minute.
Hope everyone is doing good today!

X
Welcome, Stacey! Please remember some of the people in AA meetings are there because it has been court ordered. They are most likely to have committed some crime while intoxicated, which makes it seem like they're worse than you. You don't want that to be your situation.

I commend you for attending and not waiting to be court ordered!!! Hang in there, Stacey and post often.