View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
topspin

Freein, ....how did your Monday go ?

I contemplated a bike ride ( for about 30 seconds ) and decided to go for a walk instead . We have a couple beach parking lots pretty close that are relatively new ,.......
The beach folks visit near my place used to be almost inaccessible ( hence , pretty darn private , in a way ) years ago,... but I discovered something wonderful today down there. An old fresh water wetlands creek pouring out into the bay used to shorten the beach down to the left at about 500 meters, ....but it seems nature has changed things because the beach goes on and on for at least 2 or 3 miles in that direction now !
And it's almost 100% private, ...since none of the beach combers venture down that far around the bend ( according to the tracks I saw )

It gave me a chance to jog ( well," jogging " is running ,...and what I'm doing is "shuffling " ,.....a slow shuffle . Pretty sure I can easily walk faster than I shuffle .

That's what got me a little discouraged from trying to jog on the beach after my knee reconstruction years ago ,.....too damn many "fitness walkers" passing me !??

Down on this secluded section of beach I found today ,...it shouldn't be a problem . lo