View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

OK, so the good news is that I have the VERY FIRST slot tomorrow morning--I have to be at the hospital by 6, surgery scheduled for 7:30, should be done by 10-10:30. Told my colleagues I might be just a LITTLE bit late for our weekly online staff meeting at 11. LOL, one of my colleagues sat in on an interview for someone we were considering hiring while she was still drugged up for back surgery. She forgot to mute her phone, and DURING THE INTERVIEW someone came into her room and she started babbling about the interview process. We were desperately chatting her to SHUT UP and mute herself, and we finally ended the call and re-started without her. The poor guy getting interviewed picked right back up without missing a beat, which got him props (and, ultimately, the job!). Not a bad test of grace under pressure.

Got all my legal stuff squared away (will updated, advance directive, all that--which I'd been meaning to do for a few years but hadn't gotten around to). Cleaned up the house last week, stocked up on some easy food to prepare (thank god for microwaves), just finishing up a couple small things for work today. It's been good to stay busy. I've been a bit anxious the past several days, but nothing unmanageable. I've had a bit less patience than normal, and I'm suddenly VERY conscious of every breath I'm taking.

Had to sell tickets for two concerts--one for next week (sold for about half of what I paid) and trying to sell one for the following week.

And just yesterday I bought ANOTHER pair of Fluevogs (used, from the Fluemarket). I've always liked this particular little style, and when it turned up in my size I nabbed it. After I bought them, it occurred to me--the "shoe family" is called "Living" and the style is "Evers." So that's GOTTA be a good omen, right?

Hoping that by Tues eve I might be back at home, but if not, then Wed. I don't like hanging around hospitals any longer than necessary.

Appreciate all the good thoughts/wishes--hp and Anvil will keep everyone up to speed.