Old 07-09-2017, 12:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Missyk

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Benzo addiction is quite the ordeal. The withdrawal is quite horrendous.

I would think that your doctor is cutting you back due to the fact that you have been on these benzos for longer than anyone should be. They are used for short term situations. At least this was the info given when my doctor prescribed them. He also spoke of the addictive nature of the benzos and how getting off of them would be a tapering method as my body would experience severe side effects.

I know you are scared to stop using the benzos and that is understandable. Are you willing to talk with your doctor about a different med that does not have the addictive qualities for your phobias?

As you know, mixing alcohol and benzos can lead to death or severe complications that may not be reversible.

You can get sober. It will take time. Talk with your doctor about tapering off the benzos and stay close to SR.

If you are serious about quitting drinking there are many methods that you can employ to help. AA, SMART, AVRT, SR, and many other ways that may suitable for your life.

Have you thought about a rehabilitation facility to help you get off the benzos and alcohol? Perhaps a stable, controlled environment with professionals may be beneficial?
Thanks for your reply yeah I know they are not supposed to be taken long term,but with my doc over the years I think I have tried every pill on the market and the only one that has been able to let me lead a half normal life and let me work was diazepam so my doc agreed that as I wasn't abusing them that I could stay on them ,it's only the last few years where my life has taken a downward spiral that my drinking has got out of control and I'm terrified that because nothing else works for the symptoms so I really don't no what to do . Now that doc has left and my new one has decided that she don't like them ,but when nothing else works what am I sposed to do . X