Old 07-08-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Tetra

I cannot turn off my anxious mind.
To be fair I have been through a lot in my life. I fell last night when I was coming back from town. At first I didn't think much of it. It started getting painful and swollen and I didn't sleep much last night. I could feel the cold hand of fear wrap it's claws around my heart. I took myself off to A&E early this morning.

Well I guess the good thing is that I'm right handed and this is my left wrist. I spoke to my dad and he said I cannot get fired as a result of an accident. He suggested that I try to view this in a positive way - I'll get experience in dealing with life's disasters, I'll probably get time off work to rest a little and if I feel up to it I can tell my boss that my typing speed will have slowed down but I can still answer the phone and do his theatre lists.

(At first I thought dad was scraping the bottom of the barrel with some of those suggestions but when I had time to sit and think maybe he has a point).

His last nugget of wisdom was to "offer it up and pray". Ok that I'll do. My consultant is bringing in yet another patient for a subtotal glossectomy so I'll offer it up for him.

Trying to sleep with my hand in an elevated position is going to be difficult though