Old 07-08-2017, 03:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Hello Quarry,

I am sorry to hear all that you have been through. It sounds to me like he simply is not done, and that you have been living on pins and needles this whole time wondering what is next. Frankly, I don't know if I could live with that sort of stress every day.

Just FYI, the Sinclair Method is considered to be very dangerous by the administrators of this board. Typically, any discussions promoting that method are removed promptly.

That aside, we aren't here to talk about what your husband can or cannot/should or should not do. We are here to support you. It seems clear that you are profoundly affected by your husband's drinking and drinking-related behaviors. Many members have found great face-to-face support in Al-Anon. You could seek individual counseling with someone experienced in addiction issues, as well. It would be a support to you and might give you a view 'from the outside' that could help bring you clarity.

I'm sorry to say that your husband may never change his ways. Is that something that is OK with you? Is that something you can live with? You are the only one who can make that decision. But as someone whose stepson still drinks and now uses heroin, it is possible to have peace whether or not a loved one is active in their addiction. For me, it is peace--from a distance.

Take good care! Keep posting--it helps