Old 07-06-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

To me it sounds like she is jealous that you were able to quit and move on with your life, as she'd probably like to. But she is 26 and has friends that party and so she still finds this lifestyle appealing, so she's not ready to quit.

Hopefully she will get there in time, at which point, as she starts her recovery and healing process, she will begin to understand why other people in her life who were alcoholics behaved in certain ways and she will hopefully be able to work on forgiving them.. And if that healing includes having a conversation with you about events of the past, then you will be able to do that with compassion and understand, if and when she is sober.. which I would guess you shouldn't hold your breath for at this time.

Please, don't worry yourself sick about getting her to forgive you. In the state of mind she's in, it might fall on deaf ears anyway. She's focusing on these resentment areas because that's what alcoholics do, and also because she wants to. When she wants to forgive you, she will. When she wants to quit, she will. As we know, other people have no control over this time table.

Continue to make amends by staying sober and being a good sibling, spouse, friend, parent, etc. So that when family need you, they feel they can rely on you. (I'm sure they can)