Old 07-06-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
applewakesup

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
Not with regard to alcohol or whatever it is that caused her to say what she said. She may not even remember it. She may not be willing or able to identify it in her sober moments.

I've asked her in the past what it is that she seems to carry anger toward me about. She's told me she would 'never forgive' me for not being there for her in life. She was born when I was 19, off on my own, living in Germany in the Army. The course of our lives was such that I wasn't able to be around for her much. I know she resents that. But, this was specifically about 'my drinking problem'....... so I don't know what it's all about. Could be something there. Could be she was sort of using me as a distraction tactic. Aiming resentment at my sobriety and my former drinking to refocus attention from her own obvious drinking issues. I don't know. I don't know if it'll be productive to ask. But I will try.

Just looking for sharing of others' experiences.
It seems that a lot of people in active addiction feel like the world owes them something. That someone else is responsible for their problems. Maybe when you were both active, she felt ok but when you had the nerve to better yourself, she put the blame on you. I think it's worth a conversation, but it sounds like it's her problem, not yours.