View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
notgonnastoptry

That's a very complicated situation (the sex part) and if alcohol is a problem, it's better to give up the bottle than have a great sex life--although, it really sucks. I know from first hand experience.

I lost a ton of weight while drinking (unlike others because I had really reached the end. I didn't just have that 20 lb late-night-munchy bloat. No, I was dying and my organs were shutting down BUT, I reach my HS weight).

Husband loved it. I called "pig" and I'm aggravated about it. Plus, I was not inhibited and things were very wild. I looked great. We were having sex at least every other night (and we were approaching 10 years together, so it definitely wasn't the excitement of young love).

Anyway, fast forward. My body opted for sobriety and I spent 7 days in the hospital getting vitamins, water, etc. Came out at 120 and the great sex life continued into sobriety.

Um, then I gained 25 lbs over the past year (probably 30, but I've lost 7). My husband is not as interested because he's immature and full of himself (he's not exactly supposed to be gracing a magazine himself). The sex had slowed down and it has caused a lot of problem, particularly because I'm a woman and already super hyper sensitive about weight issues.

But, I would rather substitute this rather high rent problem for the problems I had as a raging alcohol while "doing it" all the time. but, yes, it's a problem. It's the lesser of two evils where alcohol is concerned.