# 19 (permalink)  
Mattq2

Originally Posted by aasharon90 View Post
Tell us how you did it Mattq2 to give those
just starting their journey in recovery HOPE
that if you can remain sober a many one days
sober at a time then they can too.

Good job Matt...!!!!!
For me, in the first couple of weeks I had to live life by the hour. Not stopping for beer on the way home. Heading straight home and eating a big meal. Literally putting one sober foot I. Front of the other. The hours I spent every night reading on sober recovery. Sticking to a very detailed schedule each and everyday.

I think most importantly I changed my attitude about sobriety. In the many failed attempts of the past I focused on the negatives. The boredom, The way time crawled by, not having fun with my friends, the never ending anxiety, and worst of all the insomnia.

With the help of SR I recognized all this stuff as my AV trying to break me down. It became a competition me against him. I do not like to lose. I learned that focusing on the positives, energy, no hangovers, pride, self confidence and late night conversations with my family and most importantly happiness . It starts slow at first just a few minutes here and a few minutes there. You start to smile just because. You need to focus on those moments and truely believe that you can do it.

It's not so hard now. Dee always says make a plan. It's the truth and will help you find your way.