View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
alterity

SpaghettiBender, I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine another ten years of this. Sending prayers in your direction.

hopeful4, YES! Dad is all about money. Not that he is rich or anything. It's just that his identity has always been tied up with being a financial provider for the family. This was how his father was. At grandpa's funeral, someone said during the eulogy that "The Bank of ~NAME~ was always open. And the interest rate of 0% was phenomenal." If there is a problem, Dad always thinks $$$ can fix it or at least it is his instinct to think that he has to handle a problem by providing $$$ to try to solve it. As we've seen, that doesn't always work and can cause more problems than it solves.

I had a nightmare the other night with B in it. That's very, very rare. He was a college student and was very scruffy, unshaven, unkempt, wearing a dirty t-shirt, and hungry. During the day, I worried for hours about B's welfare, wondering how he was managing to get by and if he was surviving okay.

I haven't had any news since June 21st or so, which I already posted about, even though Dad and I have spoken a number of times. I avoid asking about B since I have soooo much going on in my own life right now.