Old 07-01-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jules714

My sincerest apologies, I'm not attempting to shame you at all. Regardless of what you do? Lots of people do that and that is dangerous. No if ands or buts about it.

From the further bits of information you have now provided, it appears that perhaps your past is dictating your sense of danger. Fight, flight, freeze or fawn (Pete Walker). I *get that. Been there, several times in every facet of abuse, by both sexes. Therapy, particularly EMDR was very beneficial for me. It made unvisitable things running constantly in my mind more, (hard to articulte how it helped)...just settled. Not gone, but diffused. Able to be chipped away at.

I'm just saying, with regard to AA, one at least needs to *try something before drawing conclusion. With that said, to deduce you don't like it, it's not for you, is one thing. To call it "dangerous" is another.

AA has helped millions since the 1940s.
The basis is...can you stay sober for 24 hours? Then do that... one day at a time. That's basically it.
It's not religious. It takes no actions. Fights no wars. It's a gathering of like minded individuals who want to get better at managing life without alcohol. I'm not going to lie to you, sometimes unsavoury characters show up...but I have never felt in danger. For me, rehab was frightening and dangerous (with people physically fighting) but if I needed to go back? I would. It helped.
GL,
J